Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cross Country Running

Last year I was suprised to learn that long distance running is fun. My parents signed me up for the first ever inter school cross country run in KL. Earlier I thought that long distance running was hard and pointless. But I was wrong about that. When I am running in a race I can feel the adredlen racing through me as I try to overtake the opponents, and the only water I have is the salty sweat on my lips. Finally, as I near the end, I can hear everybody cheering and clapping me through the finish line.

Running feels differently when I go by myself or run on a treadmill, because there is nothing to motivate me and the whole time I feel like quitting. When my parents forced me to run the cross country race, it changed me by motivating me to do more cross country runs and other stamana involving activities like personal fitness. Last weekend I even entered the U13 boys 3k run through the jungle at Bukit Kiara Park . It does not matter what place I come in; I just do it for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment